Rooter Service for Indianapolis and Surrounding Cities
A rooter service is a type of plumbing repair that addresses any type of sewer line or drainpipe clogs. Rooter services include running water through your drains, using tools that snake through your drains to unclog them and sometimes taking parts of the water pipe system apart so that a plumber can take out some of the clogs manually. The name originated because of tree roots clogging drains – hence the “rooter” service. As of today it’s a term that’s used to address all types of drain clearing and drain repair problems.
Types of Clogs that Rooter Service Can Fix
Rooter service is designed to solve the commonplace problems of slow and clogged drains. How the clog or blockage affects your drains depends on the type of clog and where it is located.
- Clogs inside one of your home’s drains will usually only affect the appliance or fixture closest to the clog. These clogs are usually made up of organic debris such as food scraps, hair, and soap scum.
- If you have a larger clog that is blocking your home’s sewer line, you could notice different symptoms, such as widespread drainage issues in several areas of your home or minor backups in tubs and showers when a toilet is flushed or your washing machine runs.
- In severe cases, such as a sewer clog, you may experience wastewater backups that flood your home, causing damage and exposing family members to untreated sewage. Sewer clogs can also be due to debris buildup or non-flushable items in the pipes, or may instead be caused by tree roots invading and growing into your sewer line in search of water, forming a living, growing clog that cannot be removed without the help of your professional rooter service.
Some of the most common warning signs that you need to contact a professional plumber for rooter service include:
- Gurgling toilets
- Wastewater backups in one plumbing fixture after you use another (for example, water backing up in your tub after you flush the toilet)
- Wastewater backups that flood your home
- Slow or no drainage
- More than one drain backed up at once
Mr Plumber Service Area
Call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year:
Rooter Services from a Professional Plumber
You should always hire an experienced professional plumber to handle any rooter services. When you call for rooter service, an experienced plumber will first diagnose the issue that’s causing your drainage problems, wastewater backups, or other plumbing issues. Depending on the issue at hand, this could involve:
- Visually inspecting plumbing fixtures
- Testing or turning on your plumbing fixtures to observe the problems
- Conducting a video pipe and sewer line inspection to look for deeper clogs and pipe damage
Once the problem has been diagnosed, a professional plumber will explain your repair options. If there are any clogs or pipe damage, the next part of your rooter service may involve snaking the drains to remove the clog, removing sections of your home’s piping system, repairing pipes that are damaged, or replacing sewer lines that are beyond repair.
Financing available with approved credit!
Diagnosing Rooter Repair Work
We’ll utilize a high-tech video drain inspector that can help us find what’s going on in your pipes. Our video scopes make it easy to find the source of any plumbing issues you’re experiencing, know where they are and identify the ideal process to fix the situation. Plus, the high-definition capabilities allow us to gain the best look at the inside of your pipes to know if there are any issues that need to be addressed that normally may not have revealed themselves.
Maintenance to Prevent Rooter Repair Work
Clog prevention is the best way to make sure you don’t need rooter repair work. Clogs can happen in an individual fixture that creates issues with backing up or draining slowly, or you may find that you have multiple fixtures backing up—which typically means you have a clog in your main drain system. Here are some things you can do to prevent clogs from occurring.
- Don’t dispose of grease or oil down your drains.
- Clean drain stoppers and use a hair-straining drain trap.
- Don’t flush materials that do not dissolve or break apart in water, such as feminine products or baby wipes.
- Be sure your plumbing vent pipe on your roof remains free of obstructions.
Rooter Service May Lead to Pipe Replacement
Cracked sewer pipes can be more than just a costly repair—they can result in extensive and pricey property damage and lead to serious health risks. Sewer line repair is the first line of defense when a sewer line fails. If the sewer line can’t be repaired, sewer line replacement is the only other option. In some cases your plumber may need to replace pipes or sewer lines. If it comes to that, Mr. Plumber Indy provides trenchless “no-dig” technology to replace sewer lines without tearing up your yard.
“This was an emergency call on a Sunday morning. The Service Tech called and gave me a time that he would be there. John was very professional; tidy and above all; knew his profession. I have used Metzler for years. That is the reason I continue to call them. I used Metzler Plumbing before it was called Mr. Plumber.” – Tom S.
“These guys rock! Very happy with the install did a very professional job! All the soder was clean. Took the old waterheater out. And great customer service. Thank you!” – Philip V.
“I have always had experienced and knowledgeable plumbers visit from Mr. Plumber. Today’s visit was just what I needed to know and see. I feel confident in knowing the level of service and quality is excellent. Thank you all for taking good care of our home over the years.” – E. Goodman
“Plumber came to reset and replace the flushing mechanisms in both! Had to replace one of the toilet flanges and adapt on, a very difficult job!! Could not have been more pleased with his skills and his personality! Will request him for my future plumbing job!!” – W. Wilson
“Great price to clean out a drain. The Gentlemen were upfront about what they needed to do to clear the line. They did the work quickly and made sure the line was clear when done. The gentlemen were very personable and professional.” – Shane Y.
“I was very happy with the honest and understandable information I received from this company. The gentleman that provided my husband & I with necessary information was pleasant yet professional. Thank you!” – P. Adala