Water Leak Repair Services in Central Indiana and Indianapolis
A typical Central Indiana home consumes around 400 gallons of water each day. For tasks such as bathing, washing dishes, and other daily duties, homeowners depend on a stable plumbing system to supply water for all household needs.
What happens when plumbing pipes become damaged and produce water leaks? When a leak persists, either without the homeowner’s knowledge or leak repair is simply put off, the home can sustain serious damage that is far more costly to remedy than a simple plumbing repair. Plus, all the wasted water still gets added to your utility bill!
Don’t allow water leaks to linger, growing into more substantial issues. As soon as the signs of a leak are noticed or a visible leak observed, pursue professional leak repair at once. For major water leaks, emergency leak repair is necessary to prevent extensive damage and water waste inside your home.
Take care of any plumbing leak, great or small, when you call Mr. Plumber Indy. Our licensed plumbers are available day and night, every day of the year to provide quick repair services to correct plumbing issues and safeguard your Central Indiana home.
Call us today to schedule water leak repair for your Indianapolis or Central Indiana area home.
Water Leaks Require Immediate Repairs
Whenever water escapes the plumbing system, the clock is ticking! Leaks should never be ignored or put off, no matter how minor they may seem. Don’t waste time or water – you need to call Mr. Plumber Indy for professional leak repair services performed by a licensed Indianapolis plumber. Emergency service is available in the event of serious leakage and water damage.
Think leaks can wait? Here are four major reasons you want to resolve leaking plumbing pipes and fixtures right away:
- Avoid water waste. Any water that spills out through a leak is wasted, as well as the energy consumed through filtering and treatment processes before that water arrived at your home. Leaking water adds up faster than you think, and you’ll be paying for it on your utility bills whether you used it or not.
- Prevent mold growth. Water leaks supply a source of moisture that can create hospitable conditions for mold and mildew growth. Mold and mildew can cause damage to your home and negatively impact the health of household members.
- Protect flooring. Thanks to gravity, leaking water flows downward – it often settles under flooring. With moisture accumulating under slabs, tiles, and floorboards, you risk damage to these features as well as foundation cracks and mold issues.
- Stop wall damage. When leaks occur in piping that runs behind walls, moisture can soak through the surrounding drywall, studs, and other building materials. These elements are weakened by the moisture and may even collapse if damage is severe enough.
It’s not too difficult to see the more obvious leaks that can occur in a Central Indiana home – a dripping faucet, leaky shower, leaking water heater, etc. When the leak is easily visualized, homeowners are alerted of the problem and are able to call a plumber to fix the issue right away, without risking too much damage to the home.
However, not all leaks are so clear and obvious. It’s these leaks that create the biggest problems for homeowners. When water leaks occur in hidden areas such as behind walls, below flooring, or underground, the problem can persist for quite awhile before it is detected. Since these leaks are difficult to hunt down, the help of a plumber who offers leak detection services is extremely important. Plumbers are able to uncover sources of hidden water leaks, like those difficult to detect slab leaks or damaged water lines behind walls and perform repairs that fix the problem once and for all.
When signs of potential hidden leaks start to show up, such as foundation cracks and damp spots around the house, call Mr. Plumber Indy right away. Our licensed plumbers diagnose leaks and perform repair services on the spot to correct the issue and avoid more damage to the home. When a leak creates significant water spillage into your home, don’t wait – call us for emergency repair services for immediate response plumbing repair services.
Signs of Hidden Water Leaks
Because some leaks are more difficult to identify due to their location, it’s important to know what subtle signs these issues produce. It’s these slight signs that clue in homeowners to the presence of a hidden water leak. As a Central Indiana homeowner, you need to know what these signs are so you are able to identify them as evidence of a potential water leak.
These signs share the presence of a hidden water leak in or under your home:
- High water bills that have no clear explanation. If you have a sudden spike in water usage on your utility statements, this usually points to an undetected leak if no other explanation can be identified. Compare statements with previous periods and historically to see if seasonal changes could be the cause – if this doesn’t seem plausible, a leak is highly possible.
- Constant ticking from water meter. Your home’s water meter should stop ticking when no water is in use. So, if your meter continues to tick when you know there are no faucets or water-consuming appliances running in your home, a leak is likely.
- Musty odors in the home. Dampness produced by leaks often produce mold and mildew growth in hidden areas of the home, such as within walls and ceilings or under floors. If the musty odor of mold and mildew persist in the home regardless of your cleaning efforts, a hidden leak is a possibility.
- Cracks in the home’s foundation. A home’s foundation should never sustain sudden cracks. When you notice a crack that wasn’t there before, a slab leak could be to blame. When exposed to constant water leaking, a home’s foundation and other structural elements can be greatly weakened.
- Signs of pooling water. Water is likely to pool nearby an area where a leak exists. If damp spots or water mark discolorations are found on walls or floors in the home, these spots could be signs that point to leaks.
Any time one or more of these symptoms are discovered, it’s important that you waste no time calling for leak repairs. Hidden leaks can persist for extended periods of time before symptoms show up, so take swift action to avoid any further water damage to your Central Indiana home.
Mr. Plumber Indy offers fast and reliable services that correct water leaks in plumbing pipes or fixtures, wherever they may be. Our professional technicians work to find the source producing the signs you see so that accurate repairs deliver the fix needed to prevent any further water waste or damage.
Earning Trust Since 1946
Mr Plumber Service Area
Call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year: